Thursday, February 25, 2010
Post Secret
The post secret is a great website that allows people to let out their feelings when they have no one to talk to or just can't talk about something. Some of the posts were really sad and you could feel the pain the author wrote and some of them were funny. Like a poem, the posts were short but had powerful meanings behind them. The one that caught my eye was my boyfriend gave me up for lent. No my boyfriend didnt' give me up for lent but I think my best friend needs to give up her boyfriend for lent. The past few months she has been going through a rough relationship with him and no matter how much I talk to her and say you need to leave him or atleast make your relationship more healthy she doesn't listen. Its frustrating as her friend to watch her happy one day and the next day she spends crying over him. I understand that relationships arent always going to be happy but more often she is upset than happy. Although when I ask her, she says she is happy. It doens't appear that way to me and I think if she gave her boyfriend up for lent it would give her time away from him to really think and decide if this relationship is right for her. There is so much I still want to talk to her about and their relationship but I dont want to loose her as a friend either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you. Post Secret is a great way for people to voice their feelings. I could also feel the emotion behind their words. I hope everything works out for your friend, hopefully she'll soon realize that her relationship isn't healthy. The only thing you can do it stand by her side and give her the strength she needs.
ReplyDeleteI really liked that post too, I never really thought about giving up a boyfriend for lent but really I think that is a good idea for some relationships if the need for a break is there. Hopefully both that girl that posted that has a friend she can count on to be there for her during the hard times that come after a breakup. And I'm sure your friend will not want to not be friends if you talk to her about what your seeing in her relationship, just make sure you tell her as a friend your there for her with what ever decision she makes.
ReplyDeleteIt's sad because some people just don't see what others see... it is extremely frustrating, especially if it is your best friend! All you can do is be there for her and hopefully she makes the right decision.
ReplyDelete