The first poem that I read was by far the most interesting one, Sam Pink "I am going to jump kick your face and then kiss it"
The title definately caught my attention and as I read it,the poem was getting more and more interesting. It was contradictin itself, the person wants to inflict pain by jump kicking someones face, but then make it all better by kisses. When we are little our moms would kiss our injuries to make them magically feel better. You can't inflict pain on someone wheither its physical or emotional pain and expect a kiss to ease the pain and make everything okay.This poem seemed so violent but the mental picture i got after reading made me laugh too. I was expecting the poem would be more traditional but I liked the fact that it wasn't, to me it was more interesting.
The second poem I read was by Chad Sweeny # 30.
Dance inspires me so this one caught my attention too. After reading this poem a few times i pictured two differen't scenarios. The first one being an amazing dancer performing for a big crowd of people a difficult dance. As she is performing this difficult dance she is feeling pain, discomfort, and fatigue but her face only shows the joy she has as she performs on stage. She gives the audience a performance they have never seen before and as for her herself she can only feel happiness thinking about the journey she has taken to get this good as a dancer. The other scenario I pictured was a girl sitting in the audience watching a dancer and feeling the emotions only a dancer can experience on stage. She is dancing vicariously through the dancer on stage. The girl in the audience experiences the rush of energy as the dance begins, and feels the fatigue after the dance is over. She experiences the emotional journey the dancers has when she is on stage.
The third poem I read was also by Chad Sweeny #20
I felt like the poem was about life and the journey we take. Some people have it easier than other and are handed stuff ( bow and arrow). And some people have difficult obstacles to overcome but they still reach their goal( bully's eye). It was saying that the difficult road isn't easy but its more rewarded when you reach your desired goal. Hardwork will pay off because life is about the journey and lesson learned along the road.
The poem I wrote was:
So pretty in pink
with a little bow
they fit like a glove
I put my best foot forward
so pretty in pink
she glides across the stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment