Friday, March 26, 2010

Killing Yourself to Live

Ugh this book. I dont understand the music references which are becomig more common. I liked the begining alot and now that i'm not understanding the references I'm not so interested in the book. I liked the part when he talked about his family and went to have lunch with them. As I was reading the book I was always wondering about his family. The part when he talked about his mom getting worried when someone was late, reminded me alot of my mom. I also enjoyed the part when he was talking about Lenore, I think i'm more interested in his love life then the rock stars. lol I loved when he was talking about Lenore in such detail when she was ignoring his calls and then the email she sent him at the end was so sad. I felt bad for him! I thought it was great that he revealed so much about how she changed his life and how he felt about her even after reading the email, he didn't trash talk her.

When we first started reading this book, I definately would have encouraged you to continue using this book but after reading it, I have changed my mind. He doesn't explain the music references and I dont understand them. I found myself often skipping over the long section when he made references to bands, especially the led zepplin part.

No comments:

Post a Comment